Fire Safety Signageall fire safety signage supplied by EFL Fire conform to domestic and international standards
The Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations became law within the UK on April 1st 1996. The regulations implement the European safety signs directive (92/58/EEC) which has been designed to standardise signage across Europe and ensure that with the free movement of labour, there is no risk of safety signs being misunderstood.
All fire safety signage supplied by EFL Fire conform to domestic and international standards, BS5499-1:1990 and BS5499-4:2000. These signs when used in conjunction with a formal risk assessment satisfy the requirements under building Fire Precaution & Health & Safety at work Regulations and Legislation. All of EFL Fire’s signs are manufactured in either white rigid plastic or photo luminescent using Jalite AAA, providing 3-4 times the luminance performance of standard P.S.P.A. Class A materials.
The Regulations state that:
- Employers must use safety signs wherever there is a risk to health and safety which cannot be controlled by other means.
- Safety signs must be of a specified type.
- All signs must contain a pictogram; text only signs are no longer acceptable.
- Signs must be properly maintained and adequately lit.
- Employers must ensure that signs are understood by employees.
EFL Fire’s comprehensive service includes a free survey & installation provided by our qualified staff assisting our clients to comply with the new Regulatory Reform. Contact us today.
Call 08458739973 today for more information and a no obligation quote